Apple, maple and oatmeal muffin
1 1/3 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cups Cortland apples (peeled and diced)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine the milk, beaten egg, melted butter and the maple syrup.
3. Incorporate the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Add apples to the batter.
5. Scoop the batter into a non-stick muffin pan or paper-lined muffin cups, filling each compartment about two thirds full.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins