Like many, you probably discovered coconut through macaroons or the famous Queen Elizabeth cake. You may have even savoured its rich taste in dishes from different world cuisines, especially those of Thailand, India and Indonesia.
Coconut-producing countries include India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Its crunchy texture and flavours add a little tropical taste to any dish. So why not make it one of the first things you enjoy when you wake up? Starting June 19, that’s exactly what you can do, thanks to our new menu featuring coconut.
You’re in for a treat! Our coconut has been carefully selected and contains no additives – it is 100% coconut!
Here are some fun facts about coconut:
- The word coco means “face” in Spanish and comes from the fact that those who discovered the fruit thought that its three holes at one end resembled a face.
- Coconut is not a nut, but rather the core of a fruit.
- When ripe, coconuts fall to the ground.
- Coconuts float on water.
- A coconut tree takes about 10 years to produce significant amounts of coconut, about 100 per year.
- The coconut tree has a life span of about 80 years.
- You can make a range of products from coconut: water, milk, coconut oil, flour, sugar, cream, whipped cream, grated meat, flakes, chips, etc.