Use pancake molds or cookie cutters to make a cheerful holiday breakfast
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Whisk briskly until smooth.
- Grease the cookie cutters or pancake molds well to avoid sticking.
- Place molds or cutters into frying pan, and pour the mixture into them (about 5 mm or ¼ in. thick).
- Cook for about 2 minutes then turn, carefully ensuring that the pancake does not stick in the mold.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove and serve with butter & real maple syrup, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, fruit compotes, or however you enjoy your pancakes!