Mango and cashew salad
2 ripe mangoes
1 thinly sliced red pepper
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. crushed chili pepper
½ cup of chopped salted cashews
1. Peel the mangoes and remove the seeds.
2. Cut the mangoes in julienne cut (1 mm2 x 5 cm) and put in a bowl.
3. Add the sliced red peppers, sliced red onions, basil and mint.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and crushed chili pepper.
5. Pour over the mango mixture and mix. Add the cashews, mix well and serve.
Makes 4 servings