February 3 to April 5, 2020
10 prizes of 1 million Cora loyalty points to be won!
Value of $2,500 per prize!
Get an entry with every transaction made with your Cora loyalty card.
Contest “A TASTE OF BEING MILLIONAIRE”
1. The contest (this “Contest”) is held by Franchises Cora Inc. (the “Contest Organizer”).
2. The Contest takes place in Canada from: February 3, 2020 at 6:01 a.m. (ET) to April 5, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
3. The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their respective province of residence.
4. Excluded are: employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizer, of Cora restaurants, of companies, corporations, trusts, and other legal entities controlled by or related to the above, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, as well as any person domiciled with these employees, agents, and representatives.
5. Contest’s participation is limited to valid members of the Cora loyalty program (chezcora.com/en/loyaltycard). If you are not a member, you can register by going to the cash of any Cora restaurant and ask for a loyalty card. You will be given a pre-activated card. You must then complete your profile on line by filling out the form at chezcora.com/en/fidelity#/. Adhesion to the program is free and no purchase is necessary. The program’s rules are available at chezcora.com/en/loyaltycard-conditions.
6. No purchase is necessary to participate or win in the Contest.
7. To enter proceed as follows:
a. go to any Cora restaurant;
b. use your Cora loyalty card to realise a transaction (e.g. accumulate points or use points in payment) and you will automatically receive an entry for the Contest.
8. To enter the contest without making a purchase, write an original letter of at least 100 words explaining why you would like to win the prize and include your first and last name, complete address (including city, province and postal code), phone number (including area code), email address, age and loyalty card number. Send the letter at the following address: Att. “A taste of being millionaire”, Franchises Cora inc., 16 Sicard St, local 50, Ste-Thérèse, Québec, J7E 3W7. The letter should be sent soon enough to be received no later than April 5, 2020 11:59 p.m. After ensuring that the letter meets eligibility requirements, we will add your participation to the database.
9. Entrants must comply with the following conditions, failing which they will be disqualified:
a. For participation with purchase, one entry per person per day;
b. For participation without purchase, only one letter per envelope and one envelope per person per day.
10. Ten prizes of a value of $2,500 each, each prize being payable by the remittance of 1,000,000 Cora loyalty points.
11. The total value of the prizes is $25,000.
12. The following terms and conditions apply:
a. The points must be used according to the terms and conditions of Cora loyalty program;
b. The points can be used only for payment with the loyalty card; they cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash;
c. Limit of one prize per person;
d. Each winner shall comply with the terms and conditions of Cora loyalty program.
13. At 3:30 p.m. (ET) on April 10, 2020, the Contest Organizer will randomly draw ten entries among all valid entries submitted during the Contest Period.
14. The odds that the entry of a given participant will be drawn depend on the number of valid entries submitted during the Contest Period.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
15. To be declared a winner, any selected participant will be reached by email by April 15, 2020 and will have 7 business days to complete, sign and return to the Contest Organizer the Declaration Form. Upon receipt of said completed and signed form, the Contest Organizer will make the appropriate arrangements with each winner to transfer the points related to the prize unto his or her loyalty card.
16. Should a selected participant fail to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Rules or to accept the prize, s/he will be disqualified. In such an event, the Contest Organizer may, at its sole discretion, either cancel the prize or hold a new draw until a participant is officially declared a winner.
17. Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of a participant if the latter enters or attempts to enter this Contest by means contrary to these rules or unfair to other entrants (e.g., submitting entries beyond the authorized limit). Such persons may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
18. Operation of the Contest. Any attempt aiming to deliberately disrupt or sabotage the legitimate operation of the Contest represents a breach of civil and criminal laws. Should such attempts be carried out, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entries of the participant and to seek remedy as provided by law.
19. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and may not be, as a whole or in part, transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged for cash, except as per the provisions of the paragraph below.
20. Substitution of prize. In the event that it would become impossible, difficult and/or more expensive for the Contest Organizer to award a prize as described herein, it reserves the right to award a prize of same nature and equivalent value or, at its sole discretion, the value of the prize stated herein in cash.
21. Limitation of liability: Use of prize. By entering this Contest or by attempting to do so, all participants release the Contest Organizer as well as any company, corporation, trust or other legal entities controlled by or related to the above, its advertising and promotional agencies, employees, agents and representatives (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability pertaining to damage that they may incur as a result of the participation or the attempt to participate in the Contest, including by accepting a prize.
22. Operation of the website. The Contest Organizer does not guarantee in any way that the Contest website will be accessible or functional without interruption for the contest period, or that it will be free from any errors.
23. Limitation of liability: Operation of the Contest. The Releasees may not be held liable in any way for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communications line, relative to the loss or absence of network communications or relative to any failed, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmissions from any computer or network which could limit or prevent any participant from entering the Contest. The Releasees may not be held liable either for any damage or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in part or as a whole, from the downloading of any web page or software, and by the transmission of any information to enter the Contest.
24. Modifications to the Contest. Subject to approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (the “Régie”), if required, the Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, as a whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as set forth in these rules.
25. End of Contest entry. In the event that Contest entry should be terminated in part or as a whole before the contest closing date set forth in these rules, the draw may be held, at the discretion of the Contest Organizer, from among the entries duly registered during the Contest or, as applies, until the date of the event which caused the termination of entry in the Contest.
26. Prize limits. In any given case, the Contest Organizer shall not be required to award more prizes than indicated herein or to award prizes other than in compliance with these rules.
27. Authorization. By entering this Contest, all participants selected for a prize authorize the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or any statement about the prize for advertising purposes, without any form of compensation.
28. Contact with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with the participants as part of this Contest, except as provided in these rules or at the initiative of the Contest Organizer.
29. Privacy. The personal information gathered about the participants as part of this contest will only be used for Contest administration purposes. No communication unrelated to this Contest, commercial or otherwise, will be sent to the participants, unless they have otherwise agreed thereto.
30. Ownership. Participation ballots, if any, and Declaration Form are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not under any circumstances be returned to entrants.
31. Identification of entrants. For the purpose of these rules, the entrant is the person whose name is associated with the applicable loyalty card number. It is to this person that the prize will be awarded if declared a winner.
32. Decisions of the Contest Organizer. All decisions of the Contest Organizer or its representatives pertaining to this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decisions by the Régie in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
33. Disputes. For Quebec residents, any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
34. Divisibility of paragraphs. Should a paragraph of these rules be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or void by a competent authority, such a paragraph will be considered void, but all other paragraphs untouched will be applied within the extent of the law.
35. Language. In the event of discrepancies between the French and English versions of these rules, the French version will prevail.