November 25, 2015 | echo $cat['nom'.$langExt]; ?>
Chicken noodle soup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) Spanish onions, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) celery, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) of carrots, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 7 cups (1 ¾ L) of chicken broth
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cut into 1 cm cubes
- A pinch of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup (250 ml) uncooked egg noodles
Brown onions in vegetable oil until translucent. Add celery, carrots and chicken, and continue to brown for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add egg noodles. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Serve.
YIELD: approximately 8 x 225 ml servings.