December 2, 2020 | echo $cat['nom'.$langExt]; ?>
Cora’s Holiday Cookies
- 2 cups (500 ml) butter
- 2 cups (500 ml) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp (20 ml) vanilla extract
- 5 1/3 cups (1325 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) candied fruit
Optional: chocolate chips or nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer.
- Add sugar, little by little, until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and candied fruit (add chocolate chips or nuts also, if using).
- Add this mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until blended.
- Divide batter into 3 equal parts, shape into logs and wrap in wax paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (logs can also be frozen for several weeks before baking).
- Before baking, slice logs into 5-mm pieces and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake until cookies are golden (about 10-12 minutes).
Click here to learn how to make this gift wrapping.