30 novembre, 2015 | echo $cat['nom'.$langExt]; ?>
- 2 ¾ (680 ml) cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp (8 ml) ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp (8 ml) ground cloves
- ½ tsp (3 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) molasses
- In a large bowl, add sifted flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter. Add the egg, brown sugar and molasses. Mix to a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175˚C).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of ¼ inch (6 mm). Cut out cookies in desired shape using a cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are firm. Baking time will vary depending on dough thickness.
- Allow to cool and decorate as desired.
Makes: 48 medium-sized cookies.