Cora loyalty program
Terms and Conditions
- The Program offers its members the possibility to accumulate points and rewards for use in Cora participating restaurants.
- The Program is the property of Coramark inc. (hereinafter “Cora”) that may at any time and without notice: (a) modify elements of the Program; (b) refuse to issue a card to a customer who fails to follow the registration procedures; and (c) in cases of reasonable doubt, withdraw or cancel the card and the accumulated points and rewards of members who have abused their privileges, refused to comply with Program terms and conditions or made a false statement.
- Cora se réserve le droit de modifier unilatéralement toute modalité du programme sur préavis à ses membres d’au moins 60 jours et d’au plus 90 jours. Le membre disposera alors de ce délai pour utiliser ses points et récompenses accumulés.
Le programme est offert dans tous les restaurants Cora déjeuners et dîners au Canada.
Adhesion and activation
- Ask for your card when you go to the cash of a participating restaurant. You will be given a pre-activated card. Adhesion to the Program is free and no purchase is necessary.
- You may start accumulating points and rewards as soon as you receive your pre-activated card in the restaurant.
- Only natural persons 13 years old or older may participate in the Program. You may be asked for an ID card with a picture and/or birth date.
- Only one card per member. The card is free.
- The card is not a credit card. It is the property of Cora which may, at its sole discretion, revoke the card at any time.
- Members must advise Cora of any changes in their personal information. Cora reserves the right to cancel cards with incomplete or incorrect member information.
- Responsibility for reporting a lost or stolen card to Cora belongs to the member. Once informed of the loss or theft, Cora will deactivate the card and transfer accumulated points and rewards to the new card the member will receive. Cora is not liable for any account transactions that occurred between a card’s loss or theft and when said loss or theft is reported to Cora.
- A member can view the balance on his card account on line at www.chezcora.com/en/loyalty-program/.
Accumulation of points/rewards
- To accumulate points or rewards in their account, a member has, when making a purchase at a participating restaurant, to show his valid card at the cash, before the transaction’s end.
- The member who forgets his card has to go to the cash before leaving the restaurant so as to ensure his points are added to his account; however, if the member’s profile cannot be found, the member will have 30 days to return to the same restaurant with his card and the sales slip to get his points balance adjusted.
- Points accumulate at the rate of 10 point per dollar spent on an admissible purchase. Points are calculated on the total net amount before taxes shown on the sales slip. For promotional offers, Cora may offer bonus points with the purchase of certain products. Rewards are offered from time to time in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotional offer then in force.
- No points are issued for purchases of the following products and services: gift cards and other prepaid cards, donations and any items excluded in future or items forbidden by law. Points will be issued to a Cora gift-card holder who uses it to pay for his purchases. No point will be issued to a member for the portion of the invoice he pays by using points. Cora reserves the right at all times, to add or exclude, at its sole discretion, eligible items for points.
- Should a member’s card not be used for any purchase, use of points or rewards for a period of 24 consecutive months or the member cancel the card, all accumulated points and rewards in the member’s account will be automatically cancelled.
Use of points/rewards
- In order to use his accumulated points and rewards, a member must register on line at www.chezcora.com/en/loyalty-program/ and complete a profile by providing certain information, including an email address. An account will be automatically created upon registration.
- A member must present his valid card before paying for the transaction and ensure that his profile is duly completed on www.chezcora.com/en/loyalty-program/ so as to use the balance of points in the account to pay, in whole or in part, for purchases in a participating restaurant or to use a reward.
- Points will be converted as follows: 400 points for $1 of purchase.
- Accumulated points and rewards with respect to any purchase can only be used when they have been duly credited to the member’s account and only on a later transaction.
- A member is not required to use his points or rewards. He can accumulate them. However, a reward must be used within three (3) months of the day of its issue.
- When points are used for payment, these points are deducted from the member’s account. Unused points remain in the account and count for the next transaction. When a reward is used, said reward is removed from the member’s account.
- Program points and rewards cannot be transferred, converted into cash or sold. Points and rewards can only be accumulated by the member.
By adhering to the Program, using his card, logging on to access his account or earning and using points or rewards or otherwise participating in the Program, each member acknowledges having read and understood these terms and conditions and Cora confidentiality policy and agrees to be bound by them and any amendments that could be made to them from time to time.
Any member no longer wishing to participate in the Program must send us a letter requesting that his adhesion be terminated. The letter must be mailed to the following address:
Cora Franchise Group
16 Sicard Street, suite 50, Ste-Thérèse, J7E 3W7
The member’s account will be closed within thirty (30) days of receipt of the letter. Any earned points or rewards will be cancelled without compensation, and the card will no longer be valid.
In the event of a breakdown of the systems required to manage points or rewards or of their unavailability, or of any other unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, Cora may suspend the issue or use of points or rewards, without incurring any liability.
The French version of these terms and conditions prevails over its English translation.