- The contest (this “Contest”) is held by Franchises Cora Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”).
- The Facebook Contest is held on facebook.com/corarestaurants and runs from 9:00 a.m. (EST) on August 5, 2022 until 9:00 a.m. (EST) on September 5, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to Quebec residents who have reached the age of majority. Excluded are: employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of Cora restaurants, of companies, corporations, trusts, and other legal entities controlled by or related to the above, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material and services related to this Contest, as well as their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, as well as any person domiciled with these employees, agents, and representatives.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest.
- To enter proceed as follows:
- Visit com/corarestaurants:
- From Friday August 5, 2022 9:00 a.m. to Monday August 8, 2022 9:00 a.m.;
- From Friday August 12, 2022 9:00 a.m. to Monday August 15, 2022 9:00 a.m.;
- From Friday August 19, 2022 9:00 a.m. to Monday August 22, 2022 9:00 a.m.;
- From Friday August 26, 2022 9:00 a.m. to Monday August 29, 2022 9:00 a.m.;
- From Friday September 2, 2022 9:00 a.m. to Monday September 5, 2022 9:00 a.m.,
find the “Kooza” contest posts and comment the posts.
- Entrants must comply with the following conditions, failing which they will be disqualified:
- One (1) entry per person per draw.
- Five family packages are offered (one draw a week), each package being made up of 4 tickets to see the “Kooza” show (Cirque du Soleil) between May 12, 2022 and June 19, 2022, as per availability, in Montreal, each having a $440 value (total value of prizes is $2,200).
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Packages can be used up to their total value;
- Packages can be used only for entry to the show, cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash;
- Packages do not entitled to holder to any gratuities other than a free entry;
- Neither FRANCHISES CORA INC. nor any Cora franchisee can be held responsible for replacing or otherwise honoring destroyed, lost or stolen tickets;
- Neither FRANCHISES CORA INC. nor any Cora franchisee can be held responsible to pay or reimburse the winner for any expense, including for transportation or meals.
- Every Monday during the Contest Period, at 10:00 a.m., a winner will be drawn randomly from all comments received from the Friday morning to the Monday morning immediately preceding the draw. The draw will take place at the Ste-Thérèse office of the Contest Organizers. The odds that the comment of a given participant will be drawn depend on the number of comments submitted during the applicable period.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
- To be declared a winner, any selected participant must be reached by Messenger within 48 hours of the draw. He/she must confirm his/her identity, age, telephone number or email address and residence and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Then, the Contest Organizers or the promoter of the show will communicate, by phone or by email, with the winner to identify the date/time of the available representation and to coordinate for the delivery of the prize. Each prize will be remitted to the winner no later than the day of the representation to which s/he must attend.
- Should a selected participant fail to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Rules and Regulations or to accept their prize, they will be disqualified. In such an event, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, either cancel the prize or hold a new draw until a participant is officially declared a winner.
- Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of a participant if the latter enters or attempts to enter this contest by means contrary to these contest rules or unfair to other entrants (e.g., submitting entries beyond the authorized limit). Such persons may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Operation of the contest. Any attempt aiming to deliberately disrupt or sabotage the legitimate operation of the contest represents a breach of civil and criminal laws. Should such attempts be carried out, the Contest Organizers reserves the right to reject the entries of the participant and to seek remedy as provided by law.
- Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these contest rules and may not be, as a whole or in part, transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged for cash, except as per the provisions of the paragraph below.
- Substitution of prize. In the event that it would become impossible, difficult and/or more expensive for the Contest Organizers to award the prize as described herein, they reserve the right to award a prize of same nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize stated herein in cash.
- Limitation of liability: Use of prize. By entering this Contest, all participants selected for the awarding of a prize release the Contest Organizers, Franchises Cora Inc., as well as any company, corporation, trust or other legal entities controlled by or related to the above, their advertising and promotional agencies, employees, agents and representatives (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability pertaining to damage that they may incur as a result of the acceptance of their prize.
- Facebook platform. This Contest is not managed or sponsored by Facebook. Any question, comment or complaint regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Organizers and not to Facebook. Facebook and all its affiliates, directors, officers, agents and employees are not liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with the organization of this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of use, contracts, other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook platform and releases the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated with them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from and against any damage that could arise from the use of this platform.
- Operation of the website. The Contest Organizers do not guarantee in any way that the Contest website will be accessible or functional without interruption for the contest period, or that it will be free from any errors.
- Limitation of liability: Operation of the contest. The Releasees may not be held liable in any way for any malfunction of any computer component, software or communications line, relative to the loss or absence of network communications or relative to any failed, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased transmissions from any computer or network which could limit or prevent any participant from entering the contest. The Releasees may not be held liable either for any damage or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in part or as a whole, from the downloading of any web page or software, and by the transmission of any information to enter the contest.
- Modifications to the contest. Subject to approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required, the Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, as a whole or in part, if any event or human intervention occurs that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the contest as set forth in these rules and regulations.
- End of contest entry. In the event that Contest entry should be terminated in part or as a whole before the contest closing date set forth in these rules, the draw may be held, at the discretion of the Contest Organizers, from among the entries duly registered during the Contest or, as applies, until the date of the event which caused the termination of entry in the Contest.
- Prize limits. In any given case, the Contest Organizers shall not be required to award more prizes than indicated herein or to award prizes other than in compliance with these contest Rules and Regulations.
- Authorization. By entering this contest, all participants selected for a prize authorize the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or any statement about the prize for advertising purposes, without any form of compensation.
- Contact with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with the participants as part of this Contest, except as provided in these Rules and Regulations or at the initiative of the Contest Organizers.
- Privacy. The personal information gathered about the participants as part of this contest will only be used for contest administration purposes. No communication unrelated to this contest, commercial or otherwise, will be sent to the participants, unless they have otherwise agreed thereto, including by checking the applicable box on the electronic entry.
- Identification of participant. For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations, the participant is the person whose name appears on the Facebook page. It is to this person that the prize will be awarded if they are declared a winner.
- Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or their representatives pertaining to this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decisions by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
- Disputes. For Quebec residents, any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Divisibility of paragraphs. Should a paragraph of these rules be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or void by a competent authority, such a paragraph will be considered void, but all other paragraphs untouched will be applied within the extent of the law.
- Language. In the event of discrepancies between the French and English versions of these rules, the French version will prevail.